Looking at my calendar this morning, I’ve realized that there are (including today) 7 Saturdays until Christmas! Shopping is not my favorite past time, but if I have a plan, then it’s more bearable.
Sometimes it’s really hard to find great gifts for people, ones that are functional but also pleasant, so I thought that I would offer some unsolicited advice on what I would consider great gifts. For the next 5 weeks, I will offer some gift ideas for the people in your life. This week… let’s start with the ladies!
For the crafty gal:
-Fingerless mitts are great for keeping her palms and wrists warm, but still giving her the dexterity for working her craft. For some reason, knitting/ crocheting/ sewing tends to make your hands cold!
-A new craft bag with lots of pockets so she can keep all of her must haves in place
- Luxe Hand Lotion. When working with natural fibers, like wool, it can really dry out your hands. Surprise her with a great hand cream in a travel size so she can tuck it into her craft bag.
- SPLURGE: an iPad 2 works fantastically for storing patterns and scrapbook templates. Plus, now with iCloud, all of those files can be stored “in the Cloud” and shared across platforms.
For the Classy Gal:
-The new edition of Emily Post’s Etiquitte. Timeless, classic and always handy.
-Fine writing paper. These tend to be heavier weight with natural fibers and they are a dream to write on. Complete the gift with a fountain pen with a fun ink color.
-A small mirrored or silver tray, perfect for her dresser with an assortment of nail polish in neutral shades.
-SPLURGE: classic earring studs. Something simple in diamond or pearl
For the trendsetter:
- Infinity scarves. These scarves are essentially one large loop of material, but can be styled in multiple ways. If you are a knitter, grab your size 50 needles and some super chunky yarn and make one out of a giant I-cord!
-A fun wristlet. Wristlets are great because they can double as wallets, plus they make a cute little handbag for girls’ night out.
-Head back to the nail polish section and pick up some fun shades: teal, gunmetal, taupe, magenta, enclose it with a gift certificate for a mani/pedi and pack it into a cute bag!
-SPLURGE: the new iPhone 4S, if she doesn’t have one already!
For the gal who loves to cook:
- Grab some local apples, a bamboo spoon, a few spices and your favorite recipe for apple pie and tuck it into a handy tote!
-A great infused vinegar or olive oil
-A retro inspired apron
-SPLURGE: A high quality French Oven
For your hairdresser/child’s teacher/personal trainer:
- coffee mug, assortment of teas and a gift card all tucked in a small bag
- personalized thermal lunch bag
Hope this will help a bit in your holiday shopping! Next week, we’ll talk about the men in your life!!
Many of the bags shown can be ordered at my Thirty-One webstore.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.