Yesterday was the first year we kind of went “all out” for Valentine’s Day. DH and I can be a bit on the snarky side about “Hallmark” holidays and V-day is really at the top of that list. I am sure dentists love it as much as Halloween! Plus the level of schmaltz out there! Oy.
But now that the girls are getting older, we want to really model for them a healthy and loving relationship and we think ours fits that bill. I wish I could say that I came up with his gift concept on my own, but I didn’t. The Dating Divas (via Pinterest) helped.
So here’s his gift all packaged up (sorry about the bright light in the corner!)
All of the contents were little knick-knacky things that we labeled with phrases about why we love DH/ Daddy, all packed into an All-In-One Organizer from Thirty-One gifts!
- Cupcake Window Clings “You are an amazing baker.”
- Wet Ones “You are “neat” to be around.”
- PJ pants with skulls/crossbones “You keep us afloat”
- Giant Reeses PB Heart “You are sweet.”
- iTunes card “You fill our house with music.”
- Clown Fish memo pad “You just keep swimming.”
- Lion “You protect us.”
- Cadbury Egg “You’re no chicken.”
- Mushroom Pen “You’re a fun guy.”
- Animal Capsules “You’re our Ring Master.”
CONGRATULATIONS to Angie K. from Illinois who won the Anthony DeStefano Book in the Mega Valentine’s Day Giveaway! Thanks to ConservaMom for hosting!
Heart Facts: Blood is actually a tissue. When the body is at rest, it takes only six seconds for the blood to go from the heart to the lungs and back, only eight seconds for it to go the brain and back, and only 16 seconds for it to reach the toes and travel all the way back to the heart.c