This is an oldie but a goodie! The original post can be found here.
Nina’s Black Bean Patties
1 medium sweet potato, shredded
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 handful cilantro
1/4 cup walnuts
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 T cumin
1 T coriander
2 t cinnamon
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 t salt
1 t pepper
breadcrumbs (amount will vary, use enough for your patties to hold shape.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Add all ingredients, except breadcrumbs, to a food processor with blade attachment. Pulse until a uniform paste develops.
3. Remove bowl from your food pro and transfer paste to another bowl if you’d like (remove the blade.)
4. Slowly add in breadcrumbs until the mixture comes together and can hold a shape.
5. Take a palmful of mixture and pat into a patty shape, about 1/2 inch thick. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture. (mine made about 6 patties)
6. Bake at 350 deg until the tops look dried and a little cracked, about 15 minutes.
7. Top with Mango Salsa or Salsa Verde and serve with a delicious side of your choice. (I served with a Quinoa Pilaf.)
1 T EVOO
1/2 c chopped onion
2 carrots, chopped
1 c quinoa, rinsed
2 c veg broth
2/3 c walnuts
1/4 c parsley (or cilantro)
Heat oil in saucepan over med-high heat. Cook onion in oil for until translucent. Add carrot and cook 3 minutes. Add quinoa and veg broth, bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook 15-20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender and fluffy. In a bowl toss together with walnuts and parsley (or cilantro.) Serve hot or at room temp.
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 jalepeno, seeded and diced
1 T lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a bowl. Mix well. Cover and chill until use.
Please continue to pray for my friend Kim E. On February 18, at an American Heart Association fundraiser, she went into Cardiac Arrest and was rushed to the hospital. She is a wife to Tony, and mom to three littles (Isaiah, Elijah and Trinity) and underwent heart surgery 4 months ago.